Power tools help make construction and home improvement jobs easier. Whether you’re using a cordless drill, rebar bender, or a power saw, you expect these tools to make your job more efficient. But what happens when they need repaired or replaced? Here’s where guidance from the team at BN Products-USA, LLC can help, so you can worry less about your tools and focus on getting the project done.
A Guide to Sharpening or Replacing Saw Blades
Power saws are used for nearly every job at a construction site. Over time, the blades can become dull and worn, leading to jams, jagged cuts, or overheated motors. It’s important to know the signs of a dull or damaged blade, and get it fixed right away to prevent injury or a time delay in your project. In some cases, your blades can be sharpened, while in other cases, you’ll need new ones altogether. Here is a quick guide to help you determine which option is best for you.
Dull or Damaged?
If you use your saw regularly, it’s normal for the blades to get dull over time. Keeping the blades sharp is key to your saw’s performance; dull blades can prevent you from cutting through wood or rebar efficiently. If the blades are dull, your motor has to work harder to rotate and push the blade through the material. If this is the case, then it’s time to have your blades sharpened.
However, there are cases where it’s necessary to replace the entire blade. If your power saw has sustained significant damage due to cutting through the wrong material, or if a tooth has broken off, it’s time to replace the blade. You should seek out the help from a retailer like BN Products-USA, LLC, that specializes in these kinds of tools and can provide you with the appropriate saw blade.
Listen & Pay Attention
For most people, the deterioration in quality of cutting will be enough to recognize that the blades need to be sharpened or replaced. However, there are some other signs to look for when it’s time to have your power saw worked on:
- Sound of the blade and motor: A dull blade will require more horsepower from the motor, resulting in more noise and a warmer engine.
- Increase in force: If you feel yourself putting more effort in maneuvering the saw, the blades may need to be replaced.
- Signs of rust: A rusty blade will be harder to work with and may not cut wood or rebar as well as a brand-new blade.
Cleaning & Maintenance Tips
Extending the life of your saw is easy with regular maintenance and cleaning. In order to clean the blades thoroughly:
- Use a specific blade-cleaning solution diluted with water.
- Carefully remove the blade from the saw and let it soak in the solution for a few minutes.
- Use a toothbrush and soft cloth to remove any material that may be stuck between the teeth of the blade.
- Rinse the blade with warm water and pat it dry. Make sure that it’s completely dry before reinstalling in your saw.
Properly replacing or sharpening the blades on your portable saw will help you get the most out of this powerful tool. If you’re looking for rebar cutters, trimming saws, or other cordless tools to help complete a job, then contact us at BN Products-USA, LLC. We’re a proud distributer of some of the best tools in Wickenburg, AZ. To ask about our inventory, give us a call today at (800)-992-3833.