Accurately estimating the cost of any construction project one of the most important tasks on the job; as contractors know – it’s the key to profits won or lost.
It is also one of the most challenging. In fact, a recent survey commissioned by Intuit Quickbooks and TSheets, demonstrated that approximately 40% of contractors lack confidence in the accuracy of their work estimates, and nearly one-in-three (29%) responded that their profit earnings are generally less than what they expected. Further, the importance calculating material cost and quantity can not be understated; after all, who wants to be the construction company that has to delay a job because, embarrassingly, workers do not have the correct supply of materials to finish a job? Another threat to profitability is over-stocking unneeded and costly quantities of materials, that may never be usable.
To help concrete contractors optimize their expenses and avoid such pitfalls, vCalc.com has developed a comprehensive suite of online calculators to help accurately estimate the true material needs (rebar, concrete) of almost any project, for the construction pro and the DIY-backyard-boss! BN Products-USA™ has partnered with vCalc to provide common calculator tools used for factoring rebar and concrete quantities on or site, or you can engage vCalc’s comprehensive list of specialized Rebar calculations and equations.
Outside of the concrete construction industry, vCalc.com provides hundreds of calculators and thousands of equations to help just about anyone in resolving common needs… where quantity matters!
What is vCalc?
vCalc has hundreds of calculators and thousands of equations created by engineers, university professors, students from around the world, and people like you. Topics range from complex scientific equations to practical everyday equations. Learn More
More Calculators from vCalc.com
- Rebar Diameter: Provides the diameter of different sizes of rebar.
- Length of Rebar in a Grid: Computes the linear feet of rebar in one or more mats of rebar.
- Weight of Rebar in a Grid: Computes the weight of rebar in one or more mats of rebar.
- Weight of a Length of Rebar: Computes weight from a rebar size and any length.
- Area of a Concrete Slab: Computes the area based on length and width of a rectangular slab.
- Volume of a Concrete Slab: Compute the cubic yards of concrete needed for a slab.
- Weight of a Concrete Slab: Computes the approximate weight of concrete in a slab.
- Weight of Rebar Grid and Concrete Slab: Computes the combined slab and rebar weight.
- Rebar – Irregular Shaped Slab: Estimates the amount of rebar in an irregular shaped slab.
- Volume of a Circular Slab: Computes the cubic yards of concrete in a circular slab.
- Rebar in a Circular Slab: Computes the length and weight of rebar in a circular slab.
- Concrete Displaced by Rebar: Computes the cubic yards displaced by rebar in a slab.
- Wall – Rebar, Concrete and Forms: Computes the amount of rebar, concrete and material for forms needed for a concrete wall.
- Rebar Lapping Length: Computes the length overlap needed at rebar joints based on the size of the rebar.
- Cost of Rebar: Provides the cost of rebar on a project.
- The Rebar Calculator also has concrete functions to help you compute:
- Surface Areas of slabs in square feet, yards and meters
- Volume of Concrete in slabs in cubic yards and meters
- Amount of plywood or OSB needed for wood forms for poured concrete walls
Rebar Calc in Spanish
The Rebar Calculator is now available in Spanish. It has Spanish language descriptions, labels and diagrams and it also has default units in the metric system (SI). The lengths are in meters and centimeters, the areas are in square meters, the volumes are in cubic meters, and the weights are in kilograms and metric tons.
- Barra de refuerzo: longitud en una cuadrícula
- Barra de refuerzo: peso en una cuadrícula
- Peso de barra de refuerzo por tamaño y longitud
- Losa irregular: longitud o peso de barra de refuerzo
- Losa: área de superficie (m2)
- Losa: volumen (m3)
- Losa: peso de hormigón
- Losa: peso de hormigón con barra de refuerzo
- Losa circular: área de superficie (m2)
- Losa circular: volumen (m3)
- Pared: barra de refuerzo, hormigón y plataformas